Write for your health? Yes, if you write a story you feel better: the “writing cure” research shows that expressive writing improves health. There is an abundance of evidence that professional poets have poorer health outcomes relative to both other writers and to the population at large. The obvious question for a researcher would be: what are the most important differences between poets and narrative writers? Are they differences in education level, in level of intelligence? Is the outcome of the research due to the design of the research?
Sunday, January 28, 2007
*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2008 (50)
- organize cupboards & learning in steps
- multilingual expression and dementia
- Healthy narrative writing
- educator doubts
- just processing over thinking...
- Are altruistic people better observers?
- How the man on the box would have been happy blogging
- sheep story of thinking
- who is I?
- Is starting with thinking a problem?
- from special to mainstream education
- Puzzle: U = E x V / I x D ?
- extra something
- language skills and social studies
- ancient design, complex percieved as chaos
- Optical illusions with article references
- musical therapy & time
- global learner & details
- fluids in space and theorizing
- true and false in teaching
- think faster, get better
- ▼ January (22)
blogging lists, friends, ...
- original thinking in kabbalah
- good practices teaching (dutch)
- Hester Macrander (dutch)
- Linda Spaanbroek (dutch)
- List of learning methods
- schrijvenonline blogroll (dutch)
- Challenge from India
- Yudkowski to reveal bayesian mystery
- neurobloglist encephalon
- my dutch blog
- my french blog
- independent scholar
- encyclopedia britannica
- dictionary of Philophy of mind
- Snark's impatience remedy for writers
more blogs that I visit, some are very very good
- (english) philosophical weblogs list
- (english) blog about thinking
- (english) scholar's blog
- (french) livres pour enfants
- (english) Rabbi levi's blog
- (english) Kafka project
- (english) mad scientist matt, writer
- (english) thoughts on the road, writer
- (dutch) literair tijdschrift
- (dutch) Sergio, writer
- (dutch) Aelberts, writer
- (dutch) Susan, writer
- (dutch) Psyping, many qualities
- (dutch) Luthien, writer
- (dutch) literatuuraire
- (dutch) Langenveld, writer
- (dutch) Kitana, writer
- (dutch) de Winter, writer