Saturday, June 23, 2007

house image

My house is different than other houses in this village and would it have been in the middle of a city instead of in a peasant village, it would have been very easy to sell. The house has the double of space that a regular house has in the Netherlands, a garden at three sides and a basement. It has a history that goes back nearly hundred years and schoolheadmasters lived in it. We did improve a number of items in and around the house, e.g. a solar pannel for water heating, an extra room in the attick.
So how can I convince the town people that they should buy our house? I guess our house has a image problem. How to fix the image problem of a house?
Anyone?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Odile, the articles that you linked seem to be urging you to let the professionals do the selling for you.

Why not start with a few pics of your house in this blog? Perhaps they are there, but I just couldn't find them?

Odile S said...

Salmcarr,

It's that I'm a control freak and don't like to wait untill the professionals do the work.
At the same time I tend to think more than do. I really had to push myself to do some painting and to fix some problems.

I didn't put any pictures in this blog because of privacy.
I did start a blog though about the selling of my house.

Maybe I'm just being impatient, it's that I don't really enjoy things that relate to material stuff. So I want to have that finished quickly and go on with not being materialistic.

I'm starting to write another book just to protest in a very silly way against it all.

Unknown said...

sometimes the silliest things can spark off the greatest creativity - good luck with the book!

Odile S said...

Sam,

I've sent you an e-mail which contains the url of my house-blog. I'm curious of your opinion.

john doyle said...

Can I too see the house blog?

Odile S said...

I decided one picture would be OK. So here it is: Chez Odile.
It does not show the grapes or figs or Lavender.

*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.

reciproll

About Me

My photo
I think criticism is positive attention.
PageRank Checker

blogroll writers