I gave a link to an explanation on scaffolding before. The idea was first followed in special education. It is very popular right now. I see a trend that novel education ideas are first used with the children that have the highest need for help (mediation) by their higher educated teachers and then when it is succesful finds its way to other childrens education. Autism is a spectrum where there is high need of help in education. Many autistic children can only learn with intensive training and don't transfer knowledge. Others function at a high level, but have typical impairments. One way of support for parents is looking at other parents who use techniques with their children, e.g. a video on scaffolding.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2008 (50)
- organize cupboards & learning in steps
- multilingual expression and dementia
- Healthy narrative writing
- educator doubts
- just processing over thinking...
- Are altruistic people better observers?
- How the man on the box would have been happy blogg...
- sheep story of thinking
- who is I?
- Is starting with thinking a problem?
- from special to mainstream education
- Puzzle: U = E x V / I x D ?
- extra something
- language skills and social studies
- ancient design, complex percieved as chaos
- Optical illusions with article references
- musical therapy & time
- global learner & details
- fluids in space and theorizing
- true and false in teaching
- think faster, get better
- ▼ January (22)
blogging lists, friends, ...
- original thinking in kabbalah
- good practices teaching (dutch)
- Hester Macrander (dutch)
- Linda Spaanbroek (dutch)
- List of learning methods
- schrijvenonline blogroll (dutch)
- Challenge from India
- Yudkowski to reveal bayesian mystery
- neurobloglist encephalon
- my dutch blog
- my french blog
- independent scholar
- encyclopedia britannica
- dictionary of Philophy of mind
- Snark's impatience remedy for writers
more blogs that I visit, some are very very good
- (english) philosophical weblogs list
- (english) blog about thinking
- (english) scholar's blog
- (french) livres pour enfants
- (english) Rabbi levi's blog
- (english) Kafka project
- (english) mad scientist matt, writer
- (english) thoughts on the road, writer
- (dutch) literair tijdschrift
- (dutch) Sergio, writer
- (dutch) Aelberts, writer
- (dutch) Susan, writer
- (dutch) Psyping, many qualities
- (dutch) Luthien, writer
- (dutch) literatuuraire
- (dutch) Langenveld, writer
- (dutch) Kitana, writer
- (dutch) de Winter, writer