That there are limits to visualisation is clear when we look at how research handles a problem like fluidity of a substance in space. There is a difference between thought and practice. This means that we have to experience whether what we think is true is indeed true. But we need to pre-think as well. If we don't pre-think, we might make mistakes like not taking the right material to do experiments in space. Thus the importance of theorizing. It gives direction to the experiment and is our best shot at doing the right thing.
Sunday, January 7, 2007
*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2008 (50)
- organize cupboards & learning in steps
- multilingual expression and dementia
- Healthy narrative writing
- educator doubts
- just processing over thinking...
- Are altruistic people better observers?
- How the man on the box would have been happy blogg...
- sheep story of thinking
- who is I?
- Is starting with thinking a problem?
- from special to mainstream education
- Puzzle: U = E x V / I x D ?
- extra something
- language skills and social studies
- ancient design, complex percieved as chaos
- Optical illusions with article references
- musical therapy & time
- global learner & details
- fluids in space and theorizing
- true and false in teaching
- think faster, get better
- ▼ January (22)
blogging lists, friends, ...
- original thinking in kabbalah
- good practices teaching (dutch)
- Hester Macrander (dutch)
- Linda Spaanbroek (dutch)
- List of learning methods
- schrijvenonline blogroll (dutch)
- Challenge from India
- Yudkowski to reveal bayesian mystery
- neurobloglist encephalon
- my dutch blog
- my french blog
- independent scholar
- encyclopedia britannica
- dictionary of Philophy of mind
- Snark's impatience remedy for writers
more blogs that I visit, some are very very good
- (english) philosophical weblogs list
- (english) blog about thinking
- (english) scholar's blog
- (french) livres pour enfants
- (english) Rabbi levi's blog
- (english) Kafka project
- (english) mad scientist matt, writer
- (english) thoughts on the road, writer
- (dutch) literair tijdschrift
- (dutch) Sergio, writer
- (dutch) Aelberts, writer
- (dutch) Susan, writer
- (dutch) Psyping, many qualities
- (dutch) Luthien, writer
- (dutch) literatuuraire
- (dutch) Langenveld, writer
- (dutch) Kitana, writer
- (dutch) de Winter, writer