Translation from Dutch of this successful blogpost that gave me a rank 390 (out of 100 000) for one day.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
An exercise in logic.
(1) the Dutch subculture of sixes (to go for a six out of ten as a student's strategy) is responsible for the lack of innovation.
(2) The minister said it, so it is true.
Number (2) unfortunately has to be dismissed because it isn't a valid formal logical argument (Dutch: drogreden):(a) argumentum ad hominem.
It will be difficult to tackle the first statement when there is no argument to support it.
So it's a challenge. (1) implies there is a connection between (1a) Dutch subculture of sixes and (1b) the lack of innovations.
(1) implies there is a connection between (-1a) subculture of excelling and (-1b) innovation.
Before taking out the model from M out of the closet... In verstand op nul, van Dudink I read there is a connection between somewhat lower grades and a higher creativity. On a Christian site about giftedness, I once read that creativity is associated with transforming the input (knowledge) obtaining another output. One child sees a heap of sand; another sees a heap of sand and hieroglyphs what may lead to questions... The second child may get less high grades for reproductive work, because it may give strange answers. Ergo: maybe a subculture of sixes should lead to innovation? Now I really don't understand anything anymore. Who is right, knowledge or power? Bas Haring, I judge.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (18)
- ► 2008 (50)
- Puzzle Sunday (24)
- to play is to learn, to learn is to play
- to comment on Scienceblogs
- Puzzle Sunday (22)
- the real reason why I prefer mindperformance
- I love content
- Sleepless night
- Translation from Dutch of this successful blogpos...
- 4 for timemanagement
- 6 no budget marketing tips
- blogging for grammar
- exploration on marketing the intrinsical interest
- Puzzle Sunday (21)
- ▼ September (13)
blogging lists, friends, ...
- original thinking in kabbalah
- good practices teaching (dutch)
- Hester Macrander (dutch)
- Linda Spaanbroek (dutch)
- List of learning methods
- schrijvenonline blogroll (dutch)
- Challenge from India
- Yudkowski to reveal bayesian mystery
- neurobloglist encephalon
- my dutch blog
- my french blog
- independent scholar
- encyclopedia britannica
- dictionary of Philophy of mind
- Snark's impatience remedy for writers
more blogs that I visit, some are very very good
- (english) philosophical weblogs list
- (english) blog about thinking
- (english) scholar's blog
- (french) livres pour enfants
- (english) Rabbi levi's blog
- (english) Kafka project
- (english) mad scientist matt, writer
- (english) thoughts on the road, writer
- (dutch) literair tijdschrift
- (dutch) Sergio, writer
- (dutch) Aelberts, writer
- (dutch) Susan, writer
- (dutch) Psyping, many qualities
- (dutch) Luthien, writer
- (dutch) literatuuraire
- (dutch) Langenveld, writer
- (dutch) Kitana, writer
- (dutch) de Winter, writer