Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Recycling

I do recycling. First I started when I was a student. I saw half of Amsterdam put used furniture outside on the streets and the other half take it inside. I cannot count how many cupboards, chairs and items I collected this way. I now don't need to save money the same way, but when I see a perfect piece of furniture, I think of at least two things. One is that it's a shame to use up the raw materials in just a few generations, the other is if I can really use this furniture in my house, now we're wanting to moove.
This morning I first noticed the bureau chair when bringing my children to school with my cargo bicycle. A cargo bicycle is built for transportation. A chair is no problem. Returning from school I noticed that the chair is in mint condition and is easy maintenance. It looks new and comfortable. So I went to sit on it. It sat very comfortable. I don't have a bureau chair now, nor am I going to shop for one soon. So I took the chair home. Guess where I'm sitting now? My back says thanks.

2 comments:

blueVicar said...

Yippee, Odile, I'm so happy to know another "scavenger"! We found several useful pieces in France and a table since we have been back in the USA. Folks here scoff at recycled furniture, but I have done quite well finding used things to put in our little house.

I feel happy to saved so many things from being discarded. And you and I have another thing in common!

Meilleurs voeux!!

Odile S said...

It's true, another thing in common!
It's nearly a pitty we live so far away...

*new* item at Chez Odile is the metachat where Creatives and Thinkers meet.

reciproll

About Me

My photo
I think criticism is positive attention.
PageRank Checker

blogroll writers